Will "Science" Hunt
| Will "Science" Hunt está disponible en español. Ver el artículo
Το άρθρο Will "Science" Hunt είναι διαθέσιμο στα ελληνικά. Δείτε το άρθρο
Will "Science" Hunt è disponibile in italiano. Vedi l'articolo
Will "Science" Hunt está disponível em português. Ver o artigo
William Barry Hunt, also known as Will "Science" Hunt (not to be confused with Evanescence drummer Will Hunt) is noted for collaborating with Amy Lee on "Sally's Song" and helping co-write the band's third album, Evanescence. He is an American percussionist, recording producer, programmer, and songwriter. He has a studio in Fort Worth, Texas.
The Age of Information
- See also: The Age of Information
"Science" was a member of The Age of Information, a band formerly known as Trading Yesterday, which was originally founded on 2002. The singer of the band is David Hodges, former member of Evanescence. Before breaking up with the band, he released with the band on September 2007 the six-track EP titled Everything Is Broken.
- See also: Evanescence
In 2009 and early 2010, "Science" co-wrote most of Evanescence's third album, Evanescence, with Amy Lee in New York and Texas, and he co-produced the album with Steve Lillywhite. Amy talked about "Science":
|The sounds and influence he brings to the table — programming outer-space awesome sounds you can't even recognize. I went through a phase where I didn't know if it was solo time, or go write score music, or what. And then once we wrote together, I realized this is totally Evanescence.|
She said that they were going to do a "two-drummer thing. Basically Thing 1 and Thing 2 — we're gonna have figure out some kind of plan for just knowing who's who." She also said in an interview with Spin that "the songwriting and sound is inspired by a lot of our mutual loves -- Bjork, Nine Inch Nails, and music with a lot of programming and sounds that feel larger than life." In the same interview, when asked how did Amy get a second guy in the band called Will Hunt, she said this:
|Well, part of getting back to Evanescence was the new Will Hunt. I met this Will -- I call him Will "Science" Hunt because he does a lot of programming and beats -- when we recorded "Sally's Song" for Nightmare Revisited.|
Songs released with the self-titled album that he co-wrote with the band are "Made of Stone", "Sick", "End of the Dream", "Swimming Home" and "Secret Door". Amy said in a radio interview on August 2011 that "Science" ultimately did not join the band:
|Interviewer: Do you have two guys in the band, same name?
Amy: No. Nope, that didn't happen.
"Science" produced and helped Amy Lee compose the cover songs "Sally's Song" for the album Nightmare Revisited and "Halfway Down the Stairs" for the album Muppets: The Green Album. He is credited for the drums in "Sally's Song", and production and programming in both songs.
David Hodges released an EP titled The Rising on 2008. "Science", along with David, produced the EP and he is also credited for the drums and programming.
- Graff, Gary (March 26, 2010). "Evanescence Recording New Album, Plots Summer Tour". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/958809/evanescence-recording-new-album-plots-summer-tour. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- Weingarten, Christopher R. R. (March 2, 2010). "Evanescence Go Electro As Lee Has 'Fun With Music' on Next LP". Rolling Stone. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/evanescence-go-electro-as-lee-has-fun-with-music-on-next-lp-20100302. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- Goodman, William (April 13, 2011). "Amy Lee Talks Evanescence's Comeback LP". Spin. http://www.spin.com/articles/amy-lee-talks-evanescences-comeback-lp/. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- Goodman, William (March 5, 2010). "Exclusive: Amy Lee on the New Evanescence Album". Spin. http://www.spin.com/articles/exclusive-amy-lee-new-evanescence-album/. Retrieved September 23, 2010.
- "A radio interview with Amy Lee (Evanescence) About Lady Gaga, Rihanna and more". YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u799X7BOhxs&list=FLSZDc9cSyXmU&index=1. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- Will "Science" Hunt on Twitter