|Cold está disponible en español. Ver el artículo
Το άρθρο Cold είναι διαθέσιμο στα ελληνικά. Δείτε το άρθρο
Cold è disponibile in italiano. Vedi l'articolo
Cold está disponível em português. Ver o artigo
Cold is an American rock band, formed in 1992 in Jacksonville, Florida. Terry Balsamo was a member from 1999 until 2004, and then rejoined in July 2016.
When Ben Moody left Evanescence in 2003, Terry was originally a temporary replacement, but after Cold's future became uncertain, he was asked to become a permanent member of Evanescence and accepted. Amy Lee confirmed the news in an interview with Australia's Undercover News;
Amy Lee formally apologized to the band and their fans on the Cold message board and Evboard in January after making those comments referring to Scooter Ward’s health and the band’s future. The band (along with Revis, Cauterize, and Finger Eleven) toured with Evanescence during the Nintendo Fusion Tour. The band formed in 1989 as "Grundig" then later, due to an existing copyright, changed their name to "Cold". The band broke up on November 17, 2006.
On July 25, 2008, a blog written by Scooter Ward on The Killer and the Star's MySpace confirmed both a b-sides/rarities release and a new Cold album featuring the original line-up, due Fall 2009.
In January 2009 Cold officially announced the first dates of its reunion tour on the band's MySpace page. When the page was originally updated, the lineup consisted of Scooter Ward, Sam McCandless, Jeremy Marshall, Kelly Hayes and Terry Balsamo. Hayes was replaced by Joe Bennett, who parted ways with Cold in July 2009 and has been replaced by former Cold guitarist Zac Gilbert. Terry Balsamo was briefly replaced by Michael Harris of Idiot Pilot, who also played bass in The Killer and the Star. After the first tour in the spring, the band went out on the road again later that summer.
A year after Terry's departure from Evanescence, it was announced in July 2016 that he had rejoined Cold and that they will be working on a brand new album the next month.
In January 2018, Cold posted to Facebook that they are in the final stage of production with their new album and confirmed the band's line-up, which didn't include Terry. When a fan questioned why Terry wasn't touring with them, Cold responded that they "love Terry very, very much" and "possibly one day he will play with [Cold] again". Another question was asked if he was gone for good, to which Cold said that they are "not sure about that" and they are "sure Terry will explain everything to everyone some day. [They] love T and will always be [there] for him! He’s just doing what he needs to do at the moment".
- Scooter Ward - lead vocals, keyboards, guitar (1996–2006, 2009–present)
- Lindsay Manfredi - bass (2014–present)
- Nick Coyle - guitars (2017–present)
- Jonny Nova - guitars (2018 - present)
- Ethan York - drums (2017 - present)
- Terry Balsamo - guitars (1999–2004, 2009, 2016–2018)
- Sam McCandless – drums (1986–2006, 2009–2015)
- Matt Loughran – guitars (1986–1992, 2004–2006)
- Jeremy Marshall – bass, backing vocals (1986–1992, 1996–2006, 2009–2014)
- Pat Lally – bass (1995–1996)
- Sean Lay – guitars (1992)
- Kelly Hayes – guitars (1995–2004)
- Eddie Rendini – guitars (2004; died 2015)
- Mike Booth – guitars, keyboards (2005)
- Zac Gilbert – guitars (2005–2006, 2009–2016)
- Joe Bennett – guitars (2009)
- Michael Harris – guitars (2009)
- Drew Molleur – guitars, backing vocals (2010–2016)
- Into Everything EP (1992) [as Grundig]
- Live @ Furies (Live, 1995) [as Grundig]
- Cold (1998)
- Oddity EP (1998)
- 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage (2000)
- Project 13 EP (2001)
- Year of the Spider (2003)
- With My Mind (Single, 2004)
- A Different Kind of Pain (2005)
- Cold's Official site
- Cold's MySpace Page
- When November Falls MySpace Page
- Scooter Ward's MySpace Page