Difference between revisions of "Jen Majura"
Latest revision as of 07:27, 22 May 2022
|Jen Majura está disponible en español. Ver el artículo
Το άρθρο Jen Majura είναι διαθέσιμο στα ελληνικά. Δείτε το άρθρο
Jen Majura è disponibile in italiano. Vedi l'articolo
Jen Majura está disponível em português. Ver o artigo
Jen Majura, whose birth name is Jennifer Majura Indrasen, (born 16 June 1983) is a German guitarist, bassist and singer. Having played professionally since 2000, she was the rhythm guitarist for Evanescence until May 2022. It was announced on August 7, 2015 that she joined the band, replacing long-term member, Terry Balsamo.
|I received an email with the request for joining from evanescence's management one evening while I was playing and practicing guitar. My reaction? - I couldn't believe my eyes and I think I stopped breathing for some minutes hahahaha. No words can tell how honored, excited and happy I am!
Few days later I was on my way to New York, to meet up with Amy and we had a splendid time together, laughing, jamming, talking and so on. She is an amazing person and we found more and more things we have in common.
Jen debuted with Evanescence at the Marathon Music Works in Nashville, Tennessee on November 13, 2015. She sang and continues to sing back-up vocals during the live sets.
In May 2017, Jen announced that she will be recording her second solo album, InZENity, in August and that it's planned to be released in November. The crowd-funding campaign went live on July 26th, with special packages including her first solo album, your name in the album booklet, a guitar lesson over Skype, stage clothes and much more. The total goal was $8,000.00, and it was reached in less than 24 hours. The album was officially released on November 24th and is available on CD and digital. 7 On January 31, 2018, Jen announced that she designed her first jewelry collection with Rockys. It includes guitar pendants and chains with different combinations. You can view the collection here.
After Evanescence's Synthesis Live show in Jacksonville, Florida on August 20, 2018, Jen met Terry Balsamo for the first time. She posted this to Instagram:
|Dear Evanescence Fans!
Yesterday was a very special day for me and I admit that I was very very nervous to meet this person. It's always tough to fill the shoes of a person that has been writing history together with a band for so many years! I have never met Terry before and when I heard he was coming to the show I was excited. All I can say is that I met a very nice, sweet and humble person. It was a bit weird as well and the whole day I didn't really know where to put myself. It made me happy to see Terry with Amy and the boys though 🤗 In the end I was very glad that I got the chance to finally meet Terry after all these years and spend a little time with him. Thank you Terry for coming by, hanging out and watching the show 💕it meant a lot to me 😌
In early 2020, she recorded with the band the first batch of songs for Evanescence's fifth album, The Bitter Truth. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, she had to record her parts remotely as she lives in Germany and couldn't join the band in July 2020 to resume writing and recording. She has songwriting credits on Broken Pieces Shine, Wasted on You, Better Without You, Use My Voice and Part of Me.
On May 21, 2022 it was announced via social media that Jen Majura parted ways with Evanescence. The reason is unknown, but it wasn't on bad terms. Jen clarified on Twitter that it wasn't her decision to leave the band:
|I feel the need to address that none of this was my decision! I have no hard feelings against anybody and I wish Evanescence all the best. I am allowed to carry beautiful memories of these past years, I am grateful.|
Songs Featuring Jen Majura
- Rage - Lord of the Flies [Live] (2009)
- Knorkator - Du bist Schuld [Live] (2014)
- Knorkator - Konrad [Live] (2014)
- Knorkator - Ma Baker [Live] (2014)
- Nita Strauss - The Trooper [Live - Iron Maiden cover] (2016)
- And Then She Came - Spit It Out (2016)
- Adrian Weiss - Completely Cut Loose (2016)
- SEVI - To Hell and Back (2019)
Something On 11
- Something On 11 (2020)
- "We have big news to share". Facebook. August 7, 2015. https://www.facebook.com/Evanescence/photos/a.10150242660001786.318681.7091561785/10152915057246786/?type=1&theater.
- "EVANESCENCE - Inside Synthesis: Episode 2 - Imperfection". YouTube. September 29, 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9cc40p1wLc.
- "We are thrilled to announce the upcoming release of our new single “Shadow of the Bells” feat. Jen Majura of Evanescence!". Twitter. December 14, 2020.
- "EVANESCENCE Parts Ways With Guitarist JEN MAJURA". May 21, 2022. Blabbermouth.net.
- "I feel the need to address that none of this was my decision!". May 22, 2022. Twitter.