|Pre-Fallen Music está disponible en español. Ver el artículo
Το άρθρο Pre-Fallen Music είναι διαθέσιμο στα ελληνικά. Δείτε το άρθρο
Pre-Fallen Music è disponibile in italiano. Vedi l'articolo
Pre-Fallen Music está disponível em português. Ver o artigo
This list is regarding Evanescence's Pre-Fallen material spanning from their start in 1995 until the release of their first promotional single, Bring Me to Life, in 2002. We will also be touching briefly on some history and information revolving around these old tracks.
On February 24, 2003, [in an interview], Amy and Ben gave their permission to download all pre-Fallen material after learning that their Origin album was selling on eBay for $250.00.
1995 to 1998
It is well known that in 1995 this is when Evanescence first got their start. Ben Moody and Amy Lee met at church camp. Ben's story differs a bit from Amy's, but this is to be expected. Ben noticed Amy after she had been playing numerous songs on piano, but what caught his ear is when she played Meatloaf's I'd Do Anything for Love. Ben approached Amy and struck up a conversation and asked if she would like to start a band with him. Amy obliged. Evanescence's first "professional" recording was finished and their first EP was released.
Under the name of Childish Intentions, Evanescence recorded three songs onto a cassette tape (posted to Ben Moody's Instagram, with the caption of "First. Demo. Ever.").
- Track 3
Their first professional recording, simply titled Evanescence was a cassette with two confirmed tracks on it.
In December 1998, Evanescence's first EP was "released" to friends and family.
On January 2, 1999 the first self-titled EP was released with the help of BigWig Enterprises.
- Where Will You Go? Organ version
- Imaginary Slower guitar version
- So Close
- Understanding 7-minute goth-anthem organ version
- The End
There were outtakes for this EP.
- Give Unto Me Piano/Vocal version
- Goodnight later released in 2000 on Blitz Locals
- My Immortal Piano chords version with extra lyrics
- Me & You which some believe could be titled Me In You
In August 1999, the Sound Asleep EP was released.
- Give Unto Me instrumental
- Understanding distorted guitars version, Ben loans some distorted vocals as well
- Forgive Me
- Understanding 7-minute goth-anthem organ version from 1998 EP
- Ascension of the Spirit this is the 11:48 second version as this is supposed to be a hidden track.
In May, 2000, the song Goodnight was released on the Blitz Local compilation CD.
On July 1, 2000 a compilation album called We the Living, Volume 3 was released with a slightly different version of Whisper from what was released previously on the Sound Asleep EP.
- still a work in progress