Evanescence EP is the first EP by Evanescence. It was released by Amy Lee and Ben Moody in 1998 at a concert at Vino's in Little Rock, Arkansas, as an unmarked CD-R, sometimes signed by Lee and Moody. The EP sold out that night.
Evanescence EP is very rare; only 100 copies were made.
The cover features the sculpture Angel of Grief by William Wetmore Story, also found on the cover of Nightwish's Once and The Tea Party's The Edges Of Twilight.
- Where Will You Go (Evanescence EP version)
- Imaginary (Evanescence EP version)
- So Close
- Understanding (Evanescence EP version)
- The End (Outro)
- My Immortal - The first ever version. Included only the vocals of Amy and a piano, featured some different lyrics. Recorded back in 1997.
- Give Unto Me - A full length version, including lyrics, of the instrumental intro from the Whisper EP / Sound Asleep EP.
William Boyd - bass, guitar, background vocals on "Solitude"
Matt Outlaw - drums on "Solitude" and "So Close"
Rocky Gray - drums on "Understanding"
Stephanie Pierce - background vocals on "Understanding"
These are original concept art images from an unknown source. The front insert is the single image on one side and blank on the other. The back insert is the same way. The disc has the four 'E' designs screened in black on a silver CD-R.
You can download a Perfect Rip of the EP here:
- Download The EP in FLAC (mirror)(Click Here For More Information)
- Download The EP in WAV (mirror)
- or download the mp3s Here